Tuesday, July 12, 2011

And So It Goes

She's back. My precious little ... mini-me. She had been home about ten minutes, when she noticed that her dress-up clothes were not where she left them (we had cleaned) and she comes into the living room, "Mommy, I need my princess dress. I can't find my princess dress anywhere!" with her hands on her cheeks in a comical over-done version of child shock. "Oh, no!" I'm telling you, she personifies drama, and makes it her own.

"Honey, I hung your play clothes up and cleaned your closet. Check in there," she takes off toward her bedroom, and I yelled after her, "Make sure you hang thoses dresses back up when you're done!"

She came back a few minutes later. "Mommy, I need help!"

"With what, pumpkin?"

"I can't get the damn closet door open! I turn it, and turn it, and the damn door won't open!" my four-year-old tells me. Uh oh. Did she just say what I thought she said?

"Um, just a sec. Sweetie, you can't use that word, it's an adult word only." I tell her.

"What word, mommy?" she asks me with a perfectly innocent face.

"Well, 'damn' is a word for grownups, not for little girls."

"Ok," she tells me. "But mommy, I need my princess dress!"

And I got her the princess dress. Damn.

2 comments:

  1. BTW, there's a book for girls now. Heh heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Y'know, they don't really need a book, they are chaos1 and chaos2. Diana is almost reading, but if there isn't pretty frills and dresses she won't read it. Daffy would eat it tho.... The boys did get a lot of use out of that book, and I sent it to their dad's at one point. Bonus. So, thank you!

    ReplyDelete